Date:      Sat, 31 May 1997 15:33:33 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@Dataplex.Net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: src-cur.2896.gz

On Sat, May 31, 1997 at 11:03:24AM -0500, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
> At 3:33 PM -0500 5/25/97, Tom Jackson wrote:
>
> >Strange as this may seem, go to ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/unix/FreeBSD/CTM/src-cur
> >and you will find the missing delta there. Go figure, Germany has it but
> >California doesn't.
>
> Sascha Blank is in Germany and interested in maintaining CTM service. We
> bypass California for his service.
> The California-based FreeBSD mailing list operation is the source of your
> problem.
> (Also, you are probably losing quite a bit of mail that you don't notice
> because it lacks sequence numbers) They are aware of the problem. I hope
> that they are able to restore reliability soon.

I agree with you. There was some discussion about your domain going out of
existence also :)

Sascha mentioned trying to get a ftp mirror to accept the direct ctm delta
such as trier. I don't know the mechanism to accomplish this but I would
suggest neosoft as an excellent site if they would take it.

btw, I got ctm2904 through the mails today. There's still hope.
--
Tom Jackson                                           I'm ProChoice->FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                       http://www.freebsd.org