Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 07:35:23 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Jim Freeze <jimfreeze@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jim@freeze.org
Subject:   Re: Need help  with sendmail after upgrade to 4.6 stable

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:47:01PM -0400, Jim Freeze wrote:

> After upgrading to 4.6 Stable today, I am no longer able to send mail.
> The problem seems to be with the clientmqueue.

You should have a /var/spool/clientmqueue directory with the following
ownership and permissions:

happy-idiot-talk:/home/matthew:# ls -lad /var/spool/clientmqueue
drwxrwx---  2 smmsp  smmsp  512  8 Jul 03:02 /var/spool/clientmqueue/

If you haven't got a smmsp UID and group, then you need to run
mergemaster again and merge in the changes to the master password and
group files.  For the record, you should have the following accounts
for sendmail:

smmsp:*:25:25:Sendmail Submission User:/var/spool/clientmqueue:/sbin/nologin
mailnull:*:26:26:Sendmail Default User:/var/spool/mqueue:/sbin/nologin

and groups:

smmsp:*:25:
mailnull:*:26:

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK