Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:48:04 +1100
From:      jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk 1.1 (and 1.2) install problems on 4.1.1-RELEASE

Hi Ernst et al

I've followed your directions (only I assume you meant pkg_delete :-)
and i'm still getting the same error. After the 'make install'
downloads the JDK file yet again, I get the following output, pretty
much the same as before:

11522659 bytes transferred in 226.0 seconds (49.80 kBps)
===>  Extracting for jdk-1.1.8
>>  No MD5 checksum file.
===>  Patching for jdk-1.1.8
===>  Configuring for jdk-1.1.8
===>  Installing for jdk-1.1.8
===>   jdk-1.1.8 depends on executable: javavm - found
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/local/jdk1.1.8
(cd /usr/ports/java/jdk/work/jdk1.1.8 && /usr/bin/tar -c -f - .)  |
(cd /usr/local/jdk1.1.8 && /usr/
bin/tar --unlink -x -f -)
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/local/share/java/classes
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/local/share/doc/java
===>   Generating temporary packing list
** Missing package files for jdk-1.1.8.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk.
#

Is there something I can turn on to get more verbose output or
something? I mean it seems that either the tar file that is
downloaded has been altered since the port was made (and is missing a
component) or the port just doesn't know to get everything it
needs.....

AHHHHH. Nate has just emailed me and told me I need to install the
FreeBSD-3 compatability libraries for this JDK to run. I'll try that.

Cheers

Jesse