Date:      Sun, 27 May 2007 18:06:38 +0200
From:      "Claus Guttesen" <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        "Matthew Seaman" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Shaun Branden <shaun@pcuse.com>
Subject:   Re: updating xorg-libraries 7.2 to 7.2.1

> >> xorg 7.2 was installed on this system from scratch, ie no ports to start
> >> with.
> Creating the /usr/X11R6 -> /usr/local symlink is necessary, even on a
> system with xorg 7.2 installed from scratch.  The presence of that
> symlink will stop the xorg-libraries port whinging at you.

I did a clean (re)install of current and upgraded to gcc 4.2 and then
installed xorg 7.1 and kdebase afterwards. I did not encounter any
problems running X, I haven't symlinked /usr/X11R6 to /usr/local. I
havent's ssh into the machine from outside though but X appears to
work locally.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare