Date:      Sat, 31 May 1997 15:52:46 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: src-cur.2896.gz

At 3:33 PM -0500 5/31/97, Tom Jackson wrote:

>There was some discussion about your domain going out of existence also :)

Did the domain go out of existance or just a particular host?
On Thursday, my main machine locked up the SCSI controller and did not
automatically reboot.
Even though it is the primary DNS server, the secondary server SHOULD have
retained its tables for 2 weeks and provided the service.

>Sascha mentioned trying to get a ftp mirror to accept the direct ctm delta
>such as trier. I don't know the mechanism to accomplish this but I would
>suggest neosoft as an excellent site if they would take it.

We are setting up a network of sites. To avoid overloading my pipe, I would
like to
limit it to a handful of sites strategically located around the world. I
had expected
to use ftp.freebsd.org as the primary US site. However, it seems to have
quite a few problems.
(All since they started switching to 2.2, I might add) Perhaps I need an
alternate. Anyone
willing should contact Sascha since he has it all set up there and is
coordinating everything.

>btw, I got ctm2904 through the mails today. There's still hope.

The FreeBSD mail system is not out of service. It is just highly unpredictable.

I am reviewing the files available on ftp.freebsd.org and uploading missing
ones to /incoming
I'll then get Jordan to install them in their normal location.