Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2006 10:32:35 -0700
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
To:        Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pare Down Dependencies from Gnome

Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 11:44 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>> I am having a hard time tracking down how some dependencies get hooked

** snip **

Thanks for the great answer.  That should help.  The "WITHOUT*" options
you listed will get me part way there.  The kerberos problem I observe
might need some attention.  And evolution, well, it's a bit presumptuous
to think I want to add the evolution data service to my network just to
run gnome but oh well.  I'll build it and then make sure it's disabled.

A desktop environment should not _dictate_ network service dependencies.
     If there is a network service dependency then that feature should
be optional and turned on by the user. (my $.02)

Later,
Jason