Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:46:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      arjan@jak.nl
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/19257: Detection of connected ports on a Cyclom YeP PCI board fails frequently

>Number:         19257
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Detection of connected ports on a Cyclom YeP PCI board fails frequently
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Using 2 or more Cyclom Yep boards at boot time a message saying 'no ports found' is displayed.
It seems the detection of the firmware of the CD1400 chips is not working correct.
This problem is random, rebooting the machine several times will show the problem.

Seems to me the board are NOT resetted in the driver before starting the detection of the firmware
of the CD1400 chips.

>How-To-Repeat:
Install 2 or more Cyclom YeP boards. Rebuild kernel. Reboot and try to connect to the ports on the cy boards.
>Fix:
RESET board in the PCI driver as done in the ISA driver??