Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:11:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Thomas Koper <thomas.koper@ngi.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling Glide3 from sourceforge

Hi,

I download via cvs the CVS Glide3 tree from sourceforge and tried to
compile it. I did everything as it is said in the INSTALL file, but
as I run ./build.3dfx all | tee make.hst I get the following error message:

"makefile.autoconf", line 471: Missing dependency operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 474: Need an operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 478: Need an operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 492: Missing dependency operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 496: Need an operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 498: Missing dependency operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 503: Need an operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 505: Missing dependency operator
"makefile.autoconf", line 510: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

these are the line which say :
ifeq ("false","true")
    472 GLIDE_DEBUG_GCFLAGS = -g -O
and so on.
What am I doing wrong at this case??
Do I have to configure something before starting it?

Question to Coleman Kane:
You have released a port of Glide, does it work with a voodoo3?? Because I've
heard that it woorks great with voodoo2 but not so well with voodoo3.

I would be very glad if someone could help me to get this thing to work.
I'm also offering my help for testing something, but I have to say that
I'm not that familiar with programming.

Regards Thomas Koper