Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 01:58:20 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Editors in base FBSD

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 07:45:02PM -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:

> But I really need a native FBSD edit solution for disaster recovery
> where the mswindows LAN is down or not present at that site.
>
> So let me re-ask my question to you in better terms.
>
> Do you know of any editors that are launched from the command
> line, that do not need x11 to run, that displays a full screen
> and uses mouse point & click to position the curser and allows
> cut or copy and past functions, along with PK keys for top of
> file, bottom of file, exit with save, exit without save, and
> standard keyboard arrow button & insert, delete, page up,
> page down buttons?

I don't know of any non-X11 editors that supports using the mouse for
anything. (They might exist, I just don't know about them.)
My favourite editor is 'joe' which, apart from mouse support, does
everything you list above and then some.
It is not quite as powerful as vi or Emacs but IMO a good deal easier
to learn.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson