Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:34:38 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Greg Lewis' <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, Carlo Dapor <carlo@vis.ethz.ch>
Cc:        Stu Brown <stuartb@abs.karoo.co.uk>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Porting JDK1.2.2 to OpenBSD

Dear All,

> > For some weird reason, the file
> > invokers.c never gets build.  I remember that I never was
> able to have it gene-
> > rated through the Linux binaries, not even with jdk 1.2.2.
> I cheat by compiling
> > InvokerGen.java, run java InvokerGen < invokers.txt >
> invokers.c with the native
> > BSD (1.2.2) binaries ; and when I successfully built
> everything, I re-generate
> > invokers.c, only this time with the brand-new binaries.
> > No difference between the two, not even their md5 checksums.
>
> Right, I recall that some people had this problem with the
> 1.2.2, but I
> don't think anybody tracked down why it happened to some and
> not others.

I think someone did, but my memory fails me. If you dig in the mailing list
archives I'm sure you will find more detail. I think that the problem was
tracked down to a problem with the Linuxulator reworking certain paths as it
loads libraries.

My workaround was just to copy the relevant files into /tmp and making
invokers.c there. Somewhere in between I reshuffeld the disk layout on my
box, and the problem went away. Something about my old home dirs being a
symlink to /usr/home and my new home directories having their own partition.

    Kees Jan