Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:03:02 -0300
From:      "Antonio Carlos Pina" <apina@infolink.com.br>
To:        "Luigi Rizzo" <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BRIDGE breaks ARP?

Luigi,

I'm running a Bridge+IPFW+Dummynet box between my lan and my router (which
is my default gateway). I access the box via SSH and everything is working
great.

I would like to do some routing in this box too (offloading the router), but
I would like to do that WITHOUT have to change all default gateways in our
Workstations. I thought the best option here would be to configure the
DEFAULT GATEWAY IP ADDRESS in the Bridge Box, but in this scenario I would
have to change the router ip address also (since I will be using it in our
bridge box).

Is there any way you know that I can intercept and re-route packets using
the box as bridge ? I mean, the default gateway is still my router, but some
packets don't arrive in it, because the bridge box can send them to another
ethernet card.

Thanks for listening and best regards,
Antonio Carlos Pina
apina@infolink.com.br