Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 1995 22:43:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Denis Fortin <fortin@zap.zap.qc.ca>
To:        wallison@ifc.com (Bill Allison)
Cc:        jmb@kryten.atinc.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail question

> Also, I have remotely heard of a product called Zmailer.  (someone else
> responded with "Ever hear of a product called Zmailer")  I had heard the
> name, but know nothing about it.
>
> I was mainly worried about sendmail bringing our system to its knees if we
> queued 1,000 50K messages at once...  How does sendmail handle this?

Zmailer is the thing that Rayan Zachariassen (sp?) and others at
U of Toronto came up to clear problems with sendmail which was killing
their main gateway machine.  It is intended to be much lighter than
sendmail for machines that have to process tons of mail.

You can get it from ai.toronto.edu or something like that.

(Note: this above represents my perception of the history of Zmailer;
I wasn't there, so I may have misinterpreted some of this)

I tried it once, and it seemed excellent, but in the end I didn't use
it because it was overkill for our needs.
--
Denis Fortin                                                    fortin@acm.org
DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301                        These opinions are my own