Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:54:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Latest if_vr fixes have been MFC'd, please test

As the subject says, the latest round of fixes to the if_vr driver have
been MFC'd to 4.6-stable.  Reports so far indicate that these changes fix
the watchdog timeouts / lockups which have plagued the vr driver.

So, if you're using a vr card and have been having such problems, now
would be a good time to cvsup and see if the latest vr driver fixes the
problem for you.

If you don't want to do a full cvsup, just pull down the files
if_vr.c rev 1.26.2.10 and if_vrreg.h rev 1.7.2.3.  They should be able to
be dropped in to any recent 4.x release source tree and work.

These changes were due to the hard work of Thomas Nystrom, so if you have
a large number of Via Rhine cards that had been giving you trouble before
this update, you may consider sending him a thank you.

OTOH, if you still see lockups / watchdog timeouts with this driver
revision, please tell me so that I can keep the associated PRs open.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack