Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 02:22:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   blurb

	Ok, I am not in sales or marketing.. I just though I'd give this a
try and see what came out. This is just text. Imagine if we take Blender,
combine this with cool graphics, make it a movie .. well, any
graphics/animation gurus out there?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
So, now that you are on the web, surfing around... Do you ever wonder
WHAT makes it run? Ever wonder WHY or HOW is this all possible? Do you
use Yahoo! or Hotmail and think "Boy, these web sites must be running
mainfraimes the size of my room". Well, not quite. You see, some smart
people got together and created an operating system. Operating system
for the masses, for you and me. They wanted the Operating system to be
free and source code to be free so anyone could use it and learn from it.
So start-ups like Yahoo! and Hotmail could use it and not worry about
the IT budget or if they would have enough room for that large mainframe.
So people like you and me could use it and not depend on the next service
pack to get bugs and problems fixed.
Next time you visit Yahoo! or Hotmail - keep in mind, it runs FreeBSD.
And also keep in mind you can be running this same OS on your computer.
For free. Go to www.FreeBSD.org for more information.

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org --  The Power to Serve |   to go home in the dark."
"Write longer sentences - they are paying us a lot of money"