Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 11:59:07 +0400
From:      "Dmitriy Tarasyuk" <optimum@optimum.kiev.ua>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   MD5 checksums of image

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just downloaded FreeBSD 4.0
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.0-install.iso
CD image.

Unfortunately, the MD5 checksum was found different than the attached
pattern within the checksum.md5.

Would you be so kind to email me the partial MD5 checksums of every 10M as
an output of the following sh script

s=0
while [ "$s" != "63" ]
do
    dd if=4.0-install.iso bs=10240k count=1 skip=$s | md5
    s=`expr $s + 1`
done

So, than I could be able to download failed slices with ftp reget command.

I have access to 64K internet channel and therefore I cannot download the
entire copy again.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Dmitriy Tarasyuk.

--

P.S. Indeed, it is very important for me!