Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:55:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Nimble" <Nimble@meander.addr.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Email alert

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:03:43 -0000, charlescampbell wrote:

>I wish to have notification of the arrival of a new Email by
>a pop-up box on the monitor. Is this possible?

Most Probably; but just how it happens will depend upon where the new
mail is (local or remote) and what softare is in current or most recent
control over the subject new mail.

You may only need locate an email client with good filtering, incluing
a means for a filter to generate a screen notification, or to play your
favorite hymn ;-}

	`~Maynard