Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:20:56 -0400
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        <jbryant@unix.tfs.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 1998-09-16 Briefing on Encryption (fwd)

Well I don't think it really has anything to do with mci/c&w.  Nobody,
including the top levels claims an authoritative record for www.bxa.doc.gov
and only one of the doc.gov nameservers even has a non-authoratative record.
(One of your nameservers has a non-authoratative cached record the other one
doesn't.  As soon as it times out you won't have a record either.)

I think the problem is that bxa has changed their server host and hasn't
setup a new www record and, not having used a CNAME record strategy, it's
toast.  Good argument for indirection.

207.96.70.148 is redirected to 207.96.11.93.  All those cached search-engine
references are invalid until they get their dns records up to date.

MCI may not be great but this one doesn't look like theirs.

I appreciate the lead.  I can now get the information I so badly need.
Thanks.