Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:33:55 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd vs. linux

Erik Norgaard writes:

> You can find countless comparisons suporting either as superior - just
> the recent mysql benchmark supports linux/gentoo.

I've worked on benchmarks in the past.  Most of them are worthless.

> I think FreeBSD boosts administrator performance. I spend less time
> maitaining my systems and resolving dependencies or debugging, than I
> did on RedHat, Debian or Gentoo.
>
> That time is precious, this is where you can save on the IT budget, so
> using FreeBSD is a good investment.

I agree.  These days, I have to depend on my operating systems; I cannot
afford to play around with them for hours, days, or weeks at a time.  On
the production system, every minute of downtime is money lost.  So I
need something simple and reliable.  FreeBSD has proven itself to be in
this category, so I run FreeBSD.

--
Anthony