Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:42:52 +0700
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@infoce-2-ll.ll4.relcom.ru>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.com>
Cc:        <hackers@freebsd.net>
Subject:   ATAPI and INSTALL.. 2b|!2B

Hello!

	Maybe I am a little bit out of date, but the fact is that i got 2CD
installations of FreeBSD 2.1.0 and i Have a Pentium PC with
tomato motherboard (HX chipset) and 8x ATAPI CD-ROM (LG exGoldStar).
I tried everything that have been written in the readme files and
install.txt and others,
but nothing worked. I still cannot install FreeBSD because it just does not
find my
CD-ROM. As was said in one of the readme files, the ATAPI driver is in the
ALPHA state.
Was it updated since then ? And, of course, how can I install FreeBSD ?
(ftp install will not work, because it will take about 2 months to
complete, LAN install
will not work eather, because there is no LAN here) I was think about doing
install
from a DOS partition by installing a new HDD, copying file there and then
installing it
from there to another hdd. But i don't have an empty hdd..:((

Help me, please!
Artem Koutchine
matrix@infoce-2-ll.ll4.relcom.ru