Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:40:21 +0400
From:      Alexey Tarasov <me@lexasoft.ru>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS raidz and 4k sector disks

Cool.
May be there is someone here who can implement this solution?

On 29.03.2010, at 11:36, Simun Mikecin wrote:

> I don't think they will ever come with a firmware update like that =
because WD has major operating systems (like Windows 7) covered.
> It could be solved by asking the drive what is the size of a sector =
(such ATA call exists: see =
http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/WhitePapers/ENG/2579-771430.pdf) =
and set the sector size of the device (/dev/[a]da*) as needed . That =
would be a permanent solution for ZFS, UFS, swap or any other consumer =
of this device.

--
Alexey Tarasov

(\__/)=20