Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 18:42:27 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cns@psn.ie>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Post-shutdown hook for UPS shutdown?

> How do you control the shutdown?
>
> If it is a simple logical signal, i.e. either high or low voltage, perhaps
> the easiest way would be a hardware solution.
>
> It could be as simple as a diode, a large capasitor and a resistor.
>
> Your local electronic supplyer could probably build a delay circuit for a
> few ? or £ ...

Hmm, I hadn't considered a hardware solution. But I think I'll try the
[slightly easier] software method suggested by a few of the others first,
i.e. reboot rather than shutdown and use /etc/rc to manage the situiation
from there.

Thanks to all who replied! I'll probably report back on my progress later.

--
Cillian