Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 15:45:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@ice.cold.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freeBSD.org
Subject:   spam and sendmail hacks

Go to:

    http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~ca/email/check.html

There is some full documentation on anti-spam sendmail hacks, providing
both flat-file and mapped file rule sets for you to use, and '.mc' file
hacks? It also has pointers back to Sendmail.org's site.

Be it Adrian's or others, I think some sort of spam and relay protection
should be in the default configuration of sendmail..

Also.. imho we should use the mapped file dbs, and include virtual hosting
support as well.  And with all of the maps, we should wrap hooks into a
mailconfig program or something, that is simply text based and drops you
into a menu where you can select what you want to edit, and when you
finish editing it will rehash the maps.

I can do the latter if somebody more knowledgable in its black-magic ways
can do the sendmail/m4 stuff.

-Brandon Gillespie