Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 21:35:01 -0600
From:      Tony Overfield <tony@dell.com>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: Stuck! 2.2 Gamma won't go.

I previously said:
>I'm attempting to do a test install of 2.2-gamma on a system
>with a PS/2 style Microsoft mouse.

The install is ruined.  I'll have to turn off the system.  In my
frustration, I furiously pounded enough random keys to get back
to the blue text screen (console) which says,

"Press [Enter] to switch to graphics mode.

This make take a while..."

But it's now stuck here.

>It seems to have the classical
>"crazy mouse" problem, where the mouse data packets are out of
>phase (mouse moves only along top and left edges of screen).

It has been suggested to me that the keyboard handler is
confused by incoming mouse data.  This just can't be true.
(Yes, I know the 8042 does both, but since it does them both
"correctly", this can only be a driver bug.)

What's the magic secret key to un-confuse the keyboard driver?

Tony