Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 10:59:22 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for <ipaddr>

<<On Tue, 28 May 1996 17:06:00 -0700, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> said:

> I've just made a 2.1-stable snapshot as a test and this is what I get
> on the console (repeatedly) on the newly installed system (the ipaddr
> in question is my gateway box).

This message generally indicates that the machine has received an ARP
response which doesn't correspond to any interface in the routing
table.  Look at the IP addresses and netmasks configured in the
routing table and see which one of them, if any, matches the address
given in the message.  If none do, then there's a configuration error.
`netstat -ran' will tell you everything you need to know.  In a
correctly-operating system, there should be a route for your gateway
marked `UHLW' with the Ethernet address filled in.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.