Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 2015 00:32:55 +0000
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        Jim Pazarena <fquest@paz.bz>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhcpd logging

Why not continue to use syslog, but tell it to log dhcpd to a separate log
file? Just add these two lines at the bottom of your /etc/syslog.conf
(above the !* line):
!dhcpd
*.* /var/log/dhcpd.log

More information is in syslog.conf(5) man page, or here:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/configtuning-syslog.html

Regards,
Ben