Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:15:01 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fstab mount options

Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de> probably said:
> give /usr/ports/emulators/mtools a try :-) It also works for MSDOS ZIP disks.

While mtools is very useful in a lot of circumstances, and I use it a
fair bit, it's not as versatile as actually mounting the disk. As far
as I'm aware mtools cannot make a disk seem like it's mounted or act
directly on the disk's contents (with the possible exception of
renaming).

When I'm looking through a 1gb jaz disk for a file containing
something, being able to see the names of files and copy them to
another disk isn't very useful.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu