Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:24:51 +0300
From:      Mihai Militaru <mihai.militaru@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenSSL with ZLIB support?

Hey,

I'm building an application (custom Makefile, not a port or something) which requires openssl with zlib compression - it uses the zlib BIO for compressing and encrypting files locally. The problem is:
- If I use openssl from base, zlib support is not built-in. The application fails to link following a missing reference to BIO_zlib.
- If I use openssl from ports, the application builds fine, on the other hand I get "connection refused" when a client tries to connect to this server.

So, the solution would be either to be able to build the base system with OpenSSL using zlib, or find out how could I solve the "connection refused problem", I have no idea why that happens and can't find information about this exact problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mihai

--
Mihai Militaru <mihai.militaru@gmx.com>