Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:52:54 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/122865: astro/google-earth: wrong distfile checksum

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 23:09:38 +0200 Juergen Lock wrote:

> Please test this update:
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/google-earth-4.3.7191.6508.patch

>  The new version seems to crash on 6.x and earlier because of missing
> linux syscalls (I saw truncate64 in the logs), so it'll work for even
> less ppl than before, and I got one report of
> 	googleearth-bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: ELF file OS ABI invalid

Though there is a PR about (similar) case, I'm sure it's a
(mis)configuration case. The libruary /usr/lib/librt.so.1 is a native
FreeBSD one. And under non (default) circumstances it should be found
(used) before /compat/linux/lib/librt.so.1.

> which may have to do with the linux_base version (the success report
> I got was with fc4 and nvidia gfx; my only 7 box has intel gfx where
> googleearth crashes the xserver on FreeBSD, but the old version did that
> already...)

I may report a partial success.

While working at new linux-f8 ports I managed to run (current
port version) googleearth at my nvidia card only with xorg nv driver
and graphics/linux_dri-devel (actually it's a dri version base on
xfree-6.5). Not fast but it works (with new f8 ports)! Didn't have
time to test but seems that it should work with fc4 ports either.

Now I test your patch ant it partially works. Googleearth runs for
some time and then freezes at state:
-----
load: 0.09  cmd: googleearth-bin 5616 [linuxfutex] 0.00u 0.00s 0% 86476k
-----

And I get a console message:
-----
linux: pid 5554 (googleearth-bin): syscall truncate64 not implemented
-----

Both cases seems nothing to do with the port system but a kernel one.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve