Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:09:11 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        volf@microfront.se
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS MX record

Volf Cramsky wrote:

> How do I tell My DNS about my domain?
>
> Using nslookup tells me I am on my domain. Yet trying to send a mail to a user on
> my domain do not work if I do not include the host on witch the user is on in
> the address. DNS MX record looks like:
>
> mydomain.com  IN MX 10 myhost.mydomain.com
>
> I must send it to:
>
> myuser@myhost.mydomain.com rather then to myuser@mydomain.com
>
> Any idea?
>
> volf@microfront.se

All I had to do to fix this was add a Cwmydomain to sendmail.cf
Example:
	##################
	#   local info   #
	##################

	Cwlocalhost
	Cwmydomain
or
	Cwlocalhost mydomain

I use the first style, It works, I don't know about the second
but I was told it works to!

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848