Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:21:41 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alex Bulygin <sysop@komanda.com.ua>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is the CD driver supposed to attach() now regardless of media?

Hi folks!

Excuse me for direct e-mail not through free-bsd-mail-list-forum
but the next is very interesting for me

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Juergen Lock wrote:

> In article <199906131005.MAA72055@yedi.iaf.nl> you write:
> >As Andreas Braukmann wrote ...
>
> >Maybe the Yamaha, being a CDRW drive does not report itself as a CD after
> >boot/SCSI bus reset? Just guessing here..
>

>  My Yamaha 4416S reports itself as a CD, did so with firmware 1.0f and now
> does with 1.0g.

Ive got the same model YAMAHA 4416S 1.0f and still cant find any
information
how to collect files for creating img file or just prepare file table
for further burning cd. Man has only descreption about preparing cd-r
and etc. Ive been reading cd-burning thread in free-bsd-questions but no
results. Rock Ridge format need to be created under FreeBSD of course
and Id like to burn some -stable snapshots and ports. As I remember
CDROM.ORG removed their img of 3.2-RELEASE cause of some annoying errors
in release. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alex.