Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:59:11 +0200 (MET)
From:      Martin Kraft <kraft@fal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot record from SB PCI128

[message already posted to comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc]

Few days ago I installed my new PCI128 w/ ES1371 chip, using
the modified es1370.c and es1370_reg.h files, which where supplied by
Russell Cattelan and Guy Helmer.

(from dmesg:)

   pcm1: <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x06 int a irq 10 on pci0.11.0
   pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0xb800
   es1371: codec vendor  revision 0
   es1371: codec features none
   es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement

I CAN play wav's and hear music from my cd.

I cannot read music from line for recording. (mic seems to receive
signals, but my line signals are much too high voltage).

mixer shows

   Mixer vol      is currently set to  64:64
   Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
   Mixer line     is currently set to  64:64
   Mixer mic      is currently set to  64:64
   Mixer cd       is currently set to  64:64
   Mixer ogain    is currently set to  64:64
   Mixer line1    is currently set to  64:64

but mixer recsrc shows

   Recording source:

and mixer =rec line yields:

   mixer: SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_RECSRC: Invalid argument

The DAP tool crashes (seg fault) as soon as I click on the rec button
in the mixer.

Today I tested a Creative VIBRA16S PnP w/ the same kernel and devices
and I could record using DAP without any problems. mixer recsrc showed
line and mic with the VIBRA16S.

How to convince my 3.3-STABLE box to record from PCI128 w/ ES1371 chip?

Thanks in advance!

Martin