Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 1997 03:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: i386/2166: psm driver locks the console

The following reply was made to PR i386/2166; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To: paulo@isr.uc.pt
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 19:53:42 +0900

 Hello.

 In December you reported problems with the `psm' driver and `moused'
 in the FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT running on HP Vectra VL. Since then,
 problems similar to yours have been reported and fixed. I wonder if
 these recent fix also cured your difficulty.

 The most possible versions of FreeBSD which may have solved your
 problem are 2.2-GAMMA, 3.0-SNAPs (970124 or later) and -current. If
 you have tried one of these, would you please tell me success/failure?
 If found no problem, I would close your PR. If you still have the
 problem, apparently I need to find a fix for the psm driver (possibly
 with your help).

 Kazu, the current psm driver hacker :-)