Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 23:56:46 -0400
From:      Geoff Davidson <geoff@sales.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.org, Cat Okita <cat@ki.net>, Geoff Davidson <geoff@ki.net>
Subject:   Re: MotherBoard Jumper Settings...

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> > >    Ugh! ...so your 486/100 was running at 133Mhz. Nah, that couldn't
> > > *possibly* have any bad effects. :-)
> >
> > If I wasn't such a nice guy (ha!) I'd add a "Hall of Shame" to our web
> > pages and stick this entry in there as a warning to others who would
> > first blame the software before performing even the most elementary
> > checks to see if their hardware was even configured correctly! :-)
> >
>         *bows head in shame*  I don't think a public display of shame
> is required...honest :)
>
> Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
> Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org

It is said, with some truth to its latin (or is that Greek) roots, that
humility comes from humiliation.
I have found over the years that it is unwise to publicly point out the
foibles of others, as no matter how foolish their actions may be, I am
capable of even more embarrassing misadventures.
And, on that thought and note, here is a quote to find refuge behind:
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a
very narrow field"   Niels Bohr.

Best regards,
Geoff

--
How do you score as a smart consumer or salesperson?
Try one of the Quizes located at:     "http://www.sales.org"