Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 16:31:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        dgy@rtd.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sort(1) bugs

It seems that =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= said:

> > [stepping into asbestos underwear first...]
> >
> > Greetings!
> >      Sort chokes on 8bit chars.  Well, let's just say it's
> > not consistent in how it performs it's tests for which character
> > comes first...
>
> In -current I not see the bug you tell about.

I don't have the connectivity to track -current  :-(
Joerg indicates you've been poking through the sources with an eye
for exactly this sort of thing so I'll assume you've already caught
it but the changes haven't yet been reflected in the FSF's
distribution...

As long as it gets/got fixed, makes no nevermind to me!  :>

Thx!
--don