Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 23:31:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jari Tuomivirta <jtuomivirta@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Translating doc

Dear sir(s),

I intend to translate the installation instructions
and the handbook (at least most important parts of it)
to finnish language. It appears, no-one else is doing
so at this moment. So I'm just letting you know, I'll
submit files when they're getting ready enough for
someone to use.

I do have a question though... I am also interested in
hosting a finnish FreeBSD website. I have two options:

1. Build my own website on a domain of my choice.

2. Build a website similar to www.freebsd.org, using
some of the graphics and style from the site,
translating articles and documentation straight from
there and host a finnish language mirror at
www.fi.freebsd.org. But for this, I would of course
need your permission, so I am asking which route I
should take (and what else I should take into
consideration). I am not going to pay for anything
(except for my ISP to host my website of course) so if
I could use the images and all around style of
www.freebsd.org for free then that would be dandy, but
if I'd have to pay for them, or am denied altogether,
then I'll just build my own site with my own
resources.

I thank for any help!

Yours,
Jari Tuomivirta