Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:10:50 +0100
From:      Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>
To:        mkd@mnm.uib.es
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

mkd@mnm.uib.es wrote:
> > 1. DRI is not available, Mesa is falling back to indirect rendering.
> > (I have Radeon M7, kernel module is loaded, it was working with 4.2.0)
>
>         I have the same problem, i got the exact error:
>
>                 $ glxinfo
>                 libGL error: InitDriver failed
>
>         Must the drm-kmod be updated to be used with the new 4.3 XFree?
>         or just a new version of Mesa?

I have more information, as I looked through XFree86.0.log:

(WW) RADEON(0): Some dri features diabled because of version mismatch.
Kernel module version is 1.1.1 but 1.3.1 or later is preferred.

and

Kernel module is too old (1.1) for agp heap manager

It is strange, but after that it is written: Direct rendering enabled.
But once I'm trying to execute glxinfo or glxgears, I see, that it is
disabled!

--
Igor