Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:23:08 -0700
From:      Guy Harris <gharris@flashcom.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   "xmms" port depends on "libintl.so.1", which doesn't seem to be standard

Jordan Hubbard suggested I ask "ports@freebsd.org" about this:

The "xmms" port requires "libintl.so.1"; however, it's not on my FreeBSD
3.2 machine as installed.

Did I fail to install FreeBSD correctly, or is there an error either in
the "xmms" port, such that it doesn't somehow arrange that it not
require the system to come with "libintl", or the build procedure for
3.2, such that it doesn't build a "libintl" shared library?

Jordan says his system has it in "/usr/local/lib"; presumably it got
installed by him, either directly or perhaps as a result of installing
something else.  Am I unique in not having it there?