Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:15:27 -0700
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Subject:   Re: running FreeBSD on Windows host

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

Quoth Matthias Apitz on Monday, 23 August 2010:
> Hello,
>=20
> I've to re-install my laptop with some Windows version (Vista or Windows
> 7) with disk encryption. Of course I will go on to work in FreeBSD
> 9-CURRENT and KDE3 as desktop. Please, don't ask me why I have to put Win=
dows below :-)
>=20
> I have some questions:
>=20
> >From the point of view of performance in FreeBSD, what would be better, =
Vista or
> Win7?

Win7, hands down.

>=20
> Any recommendation for the virtualisation software for best performance?

I used VMWare Workstation.  Most everything worked OK, but I did have an
occasional spontaneous reboot of FreeBSD as a guest (this was back on
version 7.2, I think -- haven't tried it on 8).

--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips=
.com