Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:10:41 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
To:        Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
Cc:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HOWTO Apache + SSL

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>wrote:

> Where can I find a really good FreeBSD7 step by step HOW-TO on setting up
> digital certifcates (SSL) for the Apache22. My apache22 is running on my
> freebsd7 system but I never set up any
> apache httpd server for https access yet ...

cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
make config
make install clean

Then you can grab http://www.openssl.org/contrib/ssl.ca-0.1.tar.gz and use
it to make certificates. The certificates will be specified in
/usr/local/etc/apache22/extra/httpd-ssl.conf under SSLCertificateFile,
SSLCertificateKeyFile and SSLCACertificatePath.
Once done, you just have to uncomment the relevant line under "Supplemental
Configuration" section of httpd.conf
More like it. The rest you have to read about Apache.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,