Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2014 18:25:53 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   local_unbound update corrupts network accessibility!

--Sig_/1mg+pKLpmVdycukxXdvclwP

After the unbound update - or coinciding this update in CURRENT - I have ma=
ssive and
disturbing problems connecting to some sites, email servers and even the SV=
N server of
FreeBSD (ports and src).

For some name resoltions I receive

Host xxx.xxx.de not found: 2(SERVFAIL), while another domain then gets reso=
lved without
problems.

The disturbing part is that this problem occured out of the blue and I conn=
ect it with
the update of unbound. It doesn't matter wether I use the old configuration=
 or use a
stupid vanilla one.=20

The blockage is also affecting Email. It takes a while until connections ar=
e made. Sites,
which could not resolved in the first place, get resolved after minutes, bu=
t then the
data transfer is bumpy or gets stuck.

I need to fix this. Boxes with older CURRENT than
FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r269339: Thu Jul 31 20:47:17 CEST 2014 amd64 do not=
 show this
nasty behaviour.

What is up with the system? I tried to follow the UPDATING, but there is no=
thing special
about essential changes.=20

oh