Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 10:46:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Stephen M. Vincent" <steve@fifthsunfilms.com>
Cc:        Free bsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail and telnet and netscape

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Stephen M. Vincent wrote:
> > > 2. I have installed several different versions of Netscape, both
> > > Communicator and Navigator. They install fine but when I try to run it,
> > > I get "libXt:Cannot find libXt.so.6" Which seems to be all over my
> > > system:
> > >
> > > So why can't Netscape find it?
> >
> > What's the output of ldconfig -r?
>
> It's there:
> >ldconfig -r
> 83:-lXt.6=>/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6
>
> The file exists and seems to have the correct properties, (the same as
> all the other files in that directory) so now what can I do?

Netscape needs the a.out library.

> > > 3. Im having trouble setting up sendmail. I had it working fine in
> > > version 3.4 FreeBSD, but now, When I run popper and try to connect from
> > > Win98 I get "Unable to get canonical name of client" and when I try to
> > > send mail through it, I get "Sender domain must exist" error.
> > > I've got a FQDN, billsequipment.com, registered.

[ chomp ]

> zone "9.5.216.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
>     type master;
>     file "billsequipment-reverse";
> };

What have you got in billsequipment-reverse ?  Both email problems
you are reporting are related to reverse DNS.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com