Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:26:39 -0600
From:      amir@comtrol.com (Amir Farah)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   driver problems

I have a problem and a general question.

problem:

I have a serial port driver which works fine with modems. I can make PPP
connections and all is well. The problem is "cu". The first time I run cu on
a callout port it runs fine. When I quit it drops DTR and exits normally.
Next time I start cu on the same port it just hangs until I either turn off
the modem and turn it back on or remove the port cable from the modem for a
second. Everything then works fine. It starts taking at commands and ~. to
quit. I can enter cu again and it will work. Just that each time I quit I
have to turn off the modem. What remains hanging when the driver closes the
port to cause this problem??

general question:

How can you set tty speed for 64K bits/sec or 56K bits/sec for data transfer
over ISDN??

Thanks

amir