Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 10:08:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lukas Karlsson <karlsson@panix.com>
To:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ssh s/key authentication?

I just installed a fresh 4.5 system from CD-ROM yesterday.  Once it was
installed, I tried to ssh into it.  If I tried to ssh from the localhost,
it worked properly (prompted me for a password).  When I tried to ssh from
another machine, I was prompted for an s/key.  Is that the default
behavior?  The way I got it to work was to uncomment the line that turns
off s/key authentication in the sshd_config.  Is that the proper way to
fix this?  I also messed with the pam.conf but that didn't really seem to
have an effect.  I have no experience with pam.

Basically, I'm just looking for guidance here.  I'm new to this stuff.  Is
that what most people to do get around that s/key issue?  Or are lots of
people actually using s/key today?

/l