Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:52:01 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-CURRENT: Adaptec 1540 not detected (with workaround)

In message <13895.31563.888702.914625@hip186.ch.intel.com> John Reynolds~ writes:
: not. Probably not? Right now, the 3.0-RELEASE boot.flp will not pick up
: Adaptec 154x cards at all.

That is incorrect.  I've booted the 3.0 release boot.flp several times
on with the various aha cards that I have in my machine.  It detects
them in the cases that I've seen.  However, there are some I/O
addresses that it fails to detect them for.  These problems are in the
process of being corrected.

There were also some problems with cards that have their bioses
enabled not probing correctly.  These problems have been corrected.

I am aware of some problems with a 1542B using hawk (any?) disks, but
have not had a chance to investigate those problems.

At some point there will likely be a new snapshot produced, which will
have better aha detection code.

Warner