Date:      Fri, 03 May 2013 21:01:32 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
Subject:   Re: update from apache22 to apache24

------enig2JMCPPMXJKUPOLVEDCUDR

On 03/05/2013 15:47, Jerry wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone had updated from apache22 to apache24.
> Specifically, are there any problems to be overcome? Does the existing
> httpd.conf file work with the apache24 branch.

httpd.conf might or might not work -- there are some incompatible changes=
=2E

For example:

   Options -all  (2.2)

should become:

   Options none (2.4)

If you use on-the-fly compression:  the syntax of FilterProvider is
different now.  That's just two examples I've heard about.  Probably the
best thing to do is grab yourself a jail or a VM somewhere, install
apache-2.4 and keep configtest'ing and fixing your conf until you have
something that works, and that you can put on your live system when you
upgrade.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20