Date:      Mon, 16 May 2005 10:06:30 -0700
From:      pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
To:        Ben Forson <forben76@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X-terminal Issues.

On 5/16/05, Ben Forson <forben76@yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hello ,
>   My name is Ben and I use FreeBSD v5.0. The problem
> is , I can't get my X-term to work.Whenever I StartX
> I get an error message stating ,XF86Config file fail
> to open.I have checked my video card details over and
> over again and still get the same results.
> I've de-installed and re-installed the software ,but
> no improvement.Every other thing works fine except
> any application that requires some form of graphics
> and I get this same error message.

what is the error message, you should probably post it to the list.=20
from what you have said it looks like either the user that is starting
X does not have permission to read the X config file or it does not
exist.  I would read the section on configuring X in the freebsd
handbook which is available online at the freebsd.org website.  if you
are still having problems getting it to work i would post detailed
error messages to the list.

> WHAT SHOULD I DO ?.
(no need to scream, we are here to help ;)
=20
-p
--=20
~~o0OO0o~~