Date:      Sat, 18 Apr 1998 11:46:47 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jose Marques <jose@dial.pipex.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Build question

I currently have a single "master" machine on which I run CVSup to follow
"FreeBSD-stable".  I use this master machine to update a number of
"client" machines on which I do not run CVSup or maintain source.  I have
followed the instructions in the handbook on how to do this and it works
quite well apart from one problem.

I find that in order to run "make installworld" on the client PCs I need
to exporte the "/usr/obj/" and "/usr/src" filesystems on the master
read/write with "-maproot=root:wheel".  If I don't I get build errors.  Is
this the best I can do or am I missing something obvious.  Can I build my
client machines with read-only access to the required filesystems.

--
Jose Marques <jose@dial.pipex.com>