Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:18:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        mstanley@ncfcomm.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: STB 5446 video card

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>Can anyone tell me which clockchip the STB 5446 video card uses?
>How do you set up the system to run X with that card?
>How do I contact STB?
>Thanks.

Probably one of the best resources for finding out this information is
the comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video Chipsets List.  See either:

<URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/
	pc-hardware-faq/video/chipsets/faq.html>

  or

<URL:http://www.heartlab.rri.uwo.ca/vidfaq/chipset.html>;

This list is regularly updated.  The most recent update was September
6, 1996.

I took a quick look, and your card is NOT listed.  However, looking at
the number you mentioned (5446) it looks like this is a Cirrus Logic
chipset number, and STB does seem to sell other Cirrus Logic based boards.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/