Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 02:06:31 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 8" floppy drive anyone ?

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I have a bunch of 8" floppies I need to try to recover contents
> from, is there anybody out there who has a 8" drive they'd be willing
> to part with for $$ ?
>
> If it comes with the magic SA800-PC cable it would be just perfect.

I work in the TV industry and there is still a character generator in
use (Chyron 4100) that uses 8 inch floppies. Check with your local TV
station's engineering dept..they usually have spares. I can probably
dig one up in our junk if I put on a hunt, but I can't say I've seen
one lately. I think I have a Tarbell S 100 controller somewhere.

SA800 cable? A 50 pin flat ribbon with a Berg on one end and an edge
connector on the other?

-Jim Durham