Date:      Tue, 5 May 2009 10:52:38 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Andrew Wright <andrew@qemg.org>
To:        Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Shopping for external harddrive

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Daniel Underwood wrote:

> and other online reviews. But I also wanted to see if any of you folks
> have personal recommendations.

I had an unpleasant experience with Maxtor/Seagate support this year.

I had one of their OneTouch III's pack up after 6 mo, and the
warranty replacement died out of the box.  It took 69 days
as well as dozens of phone calls + emails to get a replacement
for the dead replacement.

The overall failure rate of their products seems to be acceptable,
but their support is just terrible.

A.